Spring and summer can be an uncomfortable time of year when you suffer from the allergies that come along with the changing seasons. Nasal congestion, watery eyes, a running nose, sneezing, and itching are all signs that allergy season is in full force. Allergies are considered a chronic disease and they affect 30 percent of adults and 40 percent of children. Thankfully, taking oregano oil for allergies is a simple solution that can reduce your reactions to seasonal triggers.
What causes allergies?
There are several factors that can trigger seasonal allergies. In the spring, the top causes of allergies include the following:
· Pollen — Pollen allergies, or “hay fever” is triggered by the release of pollen by trees, grasses, and weeds during their fertilization process. These tiny grains can easily travel into eyes, lungs, and nose, and if you are allergic to these particles, they will cause an allergic reaction.
· Mold — Mold and fungi spread by sending spores into the air. When the season is wet or humid, the molds that have become dormant in the winter begin growing again and they spread into the lungs and nose. Mold can cause allergy symptoms to begin and even create chronic health problems like asthma.
· Dust mites — Dust mites are microscopic bugs that live in your home and thrive in the springtime. When they die, they leave substances behind that can cause allergic reactions and asthma, too.
Some factors may depend on your location. For example, mild weather locations might have an earlier pollination cycle. Rainy weather can create more mold. And in humid areas, grass pollen may be a constant concern for the entire year. Watch the climate conditions in your location to determine when you’ll need to load up on taking oregano oil for allergies.
How oregano oil helps reduce allergies
Healthy Health offers a high-quality, mountain grown strain of oregano oil, which is rich in anti-inflammatory properties. These properties act as an antihistamine within the body. It’s the carvacrol and terpenes found in oregano oil that are known to reduce allergies and asthma.
Carvacrol is abundant in oregano, and this phenol can stop or prohibit the growth of fungi, which is one of the leading causes of seasonal allergies. Similarly, the terpenes compound, which gives oregano its smell, taste, and rich green color, can reduce inflammation in the body. These properties of oregano oil are known to reduce the health issues caused by allergies, including asthma.
It's the natural compounds found in the oregano plant that make it an outstanding weapon against allergies.
The best way to take oregano oil for allergies
If you’re ready to put oregano oil to work for you this spring, try one of the following:
· Add a drop of our Extra Strength Oregano Oil to a hot cup of tea if you have a scratchy throat or cough. You’ll sooth the discomfort and jumpstart your health back to normal.
· Gargle with warm water and a drop of our Extra Strength Oregano Oil with Peppermint Oil to sooth your throat from the effects of allergies.
· Add a few drops of our Super Strength Oregano Oil to your favorite juice when you first start to feel the effects of the season. The sooner you start taking oregano oil to fight allergy season, the better!
In addition to using oregano oil for allergies, Healthy Health Oregano Oil also provides several other benefits that span from immune support to anti-aging properties to antibacterial advantages and more. You can’t go wrong with this oil in your cabinet.
Healthy Health is also proud to offer the best oregano oil on the market. Our oregano oil is steam distilled from the flowering leaves of the wild Mediterranean variety of oregano, found only in the mountains in Turkey, which is the highest quality of its kind. It’s spicy and full of flavor. But most importantly, it’s a beneficial supplement that’s perfect for everyday use, no matter the season.
Remember: oregano oil has many benefits. Still, it should never replace the medical advice of your physician. Please consult with a doctor before use.