Winter is upon us, and with the colder weather comes virus season. During this time of year, viruses that cause the common cold and flu run rampant. There are many types of viruses that can cause health issues beyond the cold and flu as well. Viruses can cause measles, chickenpox, norovirus, COVID-19, and more.
Vaccines are available for many viruses, however that doesn’t always guarantee protection. For example, the flu shot is updated annually because flu viruses change regularly and it protects from the most common viruses for the season. In other words, it doesn’t guarantee complete protection. Fortunately, oregano oil is an antiviral protectant that may just give you the additional layer of safety you need keep those viruses away this winter.
Oregano oil has antiviral properties
Numerous research studies show oregano oil has antiviral properties that may be helpful at keeping viruses like the cold and flu at bay. More specifically, it’s the carvacrol found in oregano oil is that helps fight off these viruses. In fact, carvacrol has been known to stop or slow the growth of approximately 25 types of bacteria, fungi, and viruses. And, the higher the carvacrol concentration, the more effective it may be at fighting viruses.
Of course, oregano oil offers more than antiviral properties alone. In addition, oregano oil can be effective against allergies, asthma, urinary tract infections, and more. Its antiviral, antifungal, antibacterial properties can keep your immune system strong,
Protecting yourself from viral illnesses
In addition to taking oregano oil as an antiviral, there are other ways to protect yourself daily. Because viruses pass from infected people to others through personal contact, you’ll need to take extra preventative measures during the winter. To reduce your risk of catching one of these viruses:
- Wash your hands regularly with soap and water. Be sure to do this for 20 seconds and rinse them well. Make sure you’re helping young children learn to wash their hands properly, too. If you don’t have soap and water, you can use hand sanitizer that is made of at least 60 percent alcohol.
- Don’t touch your eyes, nose, and mouth with dirty hands. This is where viruses enter your body.
- Stay at least 6’ from anyone who is sick. Viruses spread through droplets and particles, so as an infected person coughs, you could end up with the virus yourself.
How to use oregano oil for antiviral protection
This cold and flu season, add oregano oil to your daily health routine to feel your best. Healthy Health oregano oil is top-of-the-line, which ensures you’ll receive the ultimate protection. Follow these recommendations, keeping in mind the spiciness of the oil:
- Add one drop of oil to a cup of echinacea tea. Drink three cups per day to flush your system of viruses.
- Mix 3 or 4 drops with your bottle of water and sip it throughout the day. Refill your bottled up to 4 times a day and keep drinking it throughout the harshest winter days.
- Combine a couple of drops of oil with a spoonful of coconut oil, then slide the oil under your tongue until it disappears. Repeat 2-3 times for an added boost of added protection into your day.
- Create a throat spray with diluted oregano oil, eucalyptus, peppermint, and rosemary essential oils to make an upper respiratory infection go away.
Are you ready to try oregano oil as an antiviral partner? Order today to get started toward a better cold and flu season. A quick reminder: oregano oil is not the same as oregano essential oil. We ask that you not consume essential oil, as it’s a more concentrated oil, which can be potent.
On the other hand, Healthy Health oregano is 100% organic ECO certified Food Grade oregano oil and perfect for daily use. We believe you’ll love the difference.